Thursday, September 25, 2003

Teched - I & Architecture

The teched part I of III is complete. Yeah!! it was not the best of the teched's which i had gone, but still it was fun. The cool one!! though it was little disappointing on new Gadgets for display ( I was expecting the SPOT on display). But only it was presented on the screen. Whidbey was fine, longhorn still got to wait :(.

Infopath was good, but ML for word * will it not confuse Wireless if i write as WML * was even good. I remembered the sufferings when i wrote a report writer using a tier architecture.

Word (as front end)

Component (for Business processing)

DAC (Data Access Components)

SQL Database

made the report generator architecture. I know the sufferings was that much. I wondered why does not MS give me a readable format of docs instead of Binary docs. Anyway, WML gave a better readable version. Now atleast i dont need to see 4 unknown junk characters.

The check for compatability with Browsers in whidbey took away the honours. hmmm. Not bad, Microsoft is listening to its users (jus pulling the legs). But yukon was old stuff. There was no significant information which i could hear to.

But the most intersting stuff in the Data track was Pravin srivastav's indexing, tuning and partioning . I seriously liked the Horizontal partioning concept in yukon. It really make me feel that it will be a better choice on performance.

what to do, only had the chance to attend 4 sessions ( including the keynote). More on next blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home